Your Privacy and Security
This Privacy Statement will help you understand how we collect, use and protect your personal information when you interact with us using My Boat. Please take a few moments to read the sections below and learn how we may use personal information. You should also show this notice to anyone else who may be accessing your information.
We retain the data in My Boat for seven years after conclusion of our relationship with you.
The data controller is Munich Re Specialty Insurance (UK) Ltd, The Exchange, 3 New York Street, Manchester, M1 4HN.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or about your Data Subject Access Rights including:
- Data Portability: The transfer of your personal data to another Data Controller.
- Erasure: To have your personal data removed or deleted.
- Rectification: To have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate.
- Restrict Processing: To restrict processing where your personal data is inaccurate or the processing is unlawful.
- Subject Access Request: To access your personal data and information around its processing.
- Objecting to direct marketing.
Please contact the Data Protection Officer at:
Munich Re Specialty Insurance (UK) Ltd
What information do we collect about you
We will collect your personal information when you upload it to My Boat.
- Type of information processed:
Your email address and IP address of the computer used.
- Where does the data come from:
GJW Direct if you are a policy holder or have requested a quote
- Who we disclose the data to
The insurer, if you have a policy or have requested a quote
Group Companies Providing administration and other services
- Purpose of Processing
Setting you up as a client of My Boat.
We may also use the information you have uploaded to your profile to personalise your repeat visits to our website.
- Lawful basis of processing
The information you upload to your My Boat profile will only be used for marketing if you have consented and subscribed in to receive our marketing communications.
The lawful basis for processing will be that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you. If you have opted into marketing the lawful basis will be consent.
We may also monitor or record calls, e-mails, SMS messages or other communications in accordance with UK law, and in particular for:
- Business purposes such as quality control and training;
- Processing necessary for entering into or performance of a contract;
- Prevention of unauthorised use of our telecommunication system and websites;
- Ensuring effective systems operations;
- Meeting any legal obligations;
- Protecting your vital interests;
- Prevention or detection of crime;
- For the legitimate interests of the data controller.
Please visit www.ico.org.uk for further information.
All personal information will be held in the strictest confidence and used only for the purposes for which we collect it.
Non-personal information collected online
If you have opted in to receive marketing material from Groves, John and Westrup Limited or group companies (which includes any company of whom the ultimate parent company is Munich Re Specialty Group Limited), we will contact you from time to time by telephone, post, newsletter, e-mail or SMS to keep you informed with news, products or services, including but not limited to boat insurance together with carefully selected offers or promotions which we feel may be of interest to you. Other carefully selected companies may also contact you by post.
If you would like to receive marketing material or you have opted in and want it to stop please contact us by using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 0151 473 8000 or write to The Data Protection Officer at the above address.
We treat your personal information as private and confidential.
The disclosures we make have been detailed in Section 2 above.
We would like to bring to your attention our obligations to disclose information in the following four exceptional cases permitted by law, and the other situations as set out below.
- Where we are legally compelled to do so;
- Where there is a duty to the public to disclose;
- Where disclosure is required to protect our interest;
- Where disclosure is made at your request or with your consent.
Also, from time to time we will employ agents and sub-contractors to process your personal information on our behalf. These include IT Software Suppliers and Payment Services Suppliers. The same duty of confidentiality and security will apply to them and all processing will be carried out under our instruction.
Your privacy is important to us and we follow strict security and organisational procedures in the processing, storage, destruction of your information. This is prevent unauthorised access or loss of your information We encrypt special categories of information in transit.
Transfer of data
We will not transfer your personal data to countries that do not provide an adequate level of data protection. Your personal data may be disclosed to companies within the Group outside the UK or EEA and to Service Providers outside the UK or EEA.
We reserve the right to amend or modify this Privacy Statement at any time and in response to changes in applicable law.
If you are unhappy with any response or have a complaint. You can raise this with:
The Information Commissioner